A God-Sized Trajectory
During the first half of 2022, Belmont University engaged key stakeholders—including faculty, staff and students—in an intentional strategic visioning process intended to map the University’s trajectory to 2030. Informed by new mission and vision statements, the campus engaged in a highly collaborative process that allowed people to find themselves and their work along this aspirational path while setting God-sized dreams for Belmont’s future.
We are a Christ-centered, student-focused community, developing diverse leaders of purpose, character, wisdom and transformational mindset, eager and equipped to make the world a better place.
To be the leading Christ-centered university in the world, radically championing the pursuit of life abundant for all people.
Aspirational Aim for 2030
To be widely recognized as the leading Christ-centered university in the world, known for:
- Forming diverse leaders of character
- Equipping people to solve the world’s complex problems through teaching, research and service
- Being radical champions for helping people and communities flourish
- Attract, retain and graduate students with the potential to lead extraordinary lives of purpose, character and wisdom.
- Invest in and support the development of faculty and staff who are people of character, exceptionally skilled in the meaningful work to which they are called and eager to collaborate.
- Cultivate a more welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment where diverse viewpoints shape the University’s future.
- Embrace, engage and serve our neighbors in Nashville and Middle Tennessee as a trusted community partner and radical champion for flourishing.
- Continuously improve academic and organizational processes, capabilities and relationships to ensure we remain nimble and adaptive to the changing world.
- Expand sources of revenue and manage financial resources wisely so we can advance our collective work confidently and responsibly.
- Pursue operational and relational excellence in all we do to strengthen the Belmont community, enhance our reputation and place us at the forefront of higher education.